Monday, January 26, 2004

Here Goes

100. I have become a cat person.
99. I believe that beer should be brown and not yellow.
98. More than eight years later I still have a serious case of the goo-goo for my wife.
97. I am an enormous Yankees fan.
96. I’m an even bigger baseball fan.
95. I weep every time I watch Titanic.
94. I read a lot.
93. I don’t read as much as I’d like to.
92. I adore the Indigo Girls.
91. A Prayer for Owen Meany is the most wonderful book I’ve ever read.
90. I think that green peppers are the foulest substance known to man.
89. I once put $40 in a jukebox to listen to Procol Harum’s “Whiter Shade of Pale” over and over.
88. Joey Tribiani makes me laugh.
87. I’m a hugger.
86. I play just enough guitar to wish I was better.
85. I have not washed my truck since I bought it in 1997.
84. I think that Godfather III is underrated.
83. I hate--I HATE--to shave.
82. Patchouli makes me happy.
81. So does goetta.
80. In a perfect world I’m in bed by 9PM. This almost never happens.
79. The first rock-n-roll record I ever heard was Billy Joel’s Glass Houses. (Thanks Drew)
78. I don’t like the Rolling Stones.
77. I wouldn’t want to live in a world without Ny-Quil.
76. My favorite movie is The Remains of the Day.
75. The most interesting stuff about me won’t make this list.
74. I’ve had shingles. (They hurt a really lot.)
73. When I was in the 6th grade I sneezed and chipped a front tooth on the science table in front of me.
72. Ten years ago I was fiercely patriotic.
71. Once about every five years Hollywood makes a comedy that I consider worth watching.
70. My wife has turned me into a wine drinker (but only reds).
69. My lifelong dream is to have a 200 gallon tropical fish tank.
68. I once jumped off an 85 foot ledge into a lake.
67. When I was 18 I caught a falling cart of drywall. Now I rarely go three weeks without insane back pain.
66. When I was seven my mom took me to see The Elephant Man. Seven.
65. Also on my list of favorite movies: A Beautiful Mind, Legends of the Fall, and The Shawshank Redemption.
64. I could qualify for the Olympic Free Cell team.
63. I wish I could play the trumpet.
62. When I was in college I got hit in the mouth with a softball. Blew up my lip and pushed my front teeth back into my mouth. (It’s a wonder they’re still in there.) It took 52 stitches to cobble my lip back together.
61. Turning 31 was a lot harder for me than turning 30 was.
60. I am among the world’s worst at returning phone calls and replying to e-mails. Some of you already know this.
59. I stopped taking piano lessons when my teacher came to my parents and asked them if I could please quit.
58. When I was in kindergarten I had recurring nightmares about numbers. To this day I hate math.
57. I think it’s a crime that Jack Morris can’t seem to get into the Hall of Fame.
56. When I was in the 8th grade I spent weeks working at trying to jump high enough to grab the basketball rim. One day I finally got it and I never tried again.
55. Samuel Barber’s “Adagio for Strings” moves me like nothing else.
54. I paid expensive-theater prices twelve times to see Tombstone before it got to the cheap theater.
53. I’m a bit uncomfortable giving all this energy to thinking about myself.
52. I am married to the Best Wife Anyone Ever Had. This is her official title.
51. Richard Nixon was President of the United States when I was born.
50. In 1976 I had a Bicentennial sticker book. (Do they still make sticker books?)
49. I love candles.
48. I like my home to be a peaceful place.
47. I’ve never been a big liquor drinker. It tastes toxic to me.
46. I prefer Dean Martin to Frank Sinatra.
45. When I go to a baseball game I sit for nine innings and keep score.
44. “Carrying Cathy” by Ben Folds has replaced No Doubt’s “Don’t Speak” as my all-time favorite pop song.
43. The New Bill James Historical Baseball Abstract is the second most wonderful book I’ve ever read.
42. When I was in college I got on a serious Moody Blues kick.
41. I’m not convinced that God micromanages like we think he does.
40. I’m glad I don’t have to rank these.
39. My wife’s stroganoff is the best food in the world.
38. I drink my coffee black.
37. I’m not a big enough Yankees fan to like Reggie Jackson.
36. If I could come up with an idea I’d quit my job tomorrow.
35. My all-time favorite basketball player is Kevin McHale.
34. My all-time favorite football player is John Riggins.
33. I have a thoroughly inappropriate crush on Barry Bonds.
32. I believe I’ve met more interesting people in the last two years than in the entire rest of my life.
31. I should be paying bills instead of doing this.
30. Anthony Hopkins is the greatest actor I’ve ever seen.
29. I sold my car to buy Ruthie an engagement ring.
28. I can’t sleep if I’m too warm.
27. I prefer bagels to doughnuts.
26. I love Chipotle. (chicken burrito, no beans, extra rice, hot salsa, extra cheese, side of chips.)
25. I am related, on my mother’s side, to Ike Clanton who participated in the Gunfight at the O.
K. Corral. This may explain more about my world than I know.
24. I like Barry Manilow and I don’t care who knows it.
23. There’s no betting in baseball.
22. I cannot smile on command for a photographer.
21. Everything gives me gas.
20. I am the sloppiest eater you know.
19. Cobb by Al Stump is the most riveting biography I’ve ever read, baseball or otherwise.
18. I have more affection for my dad than he’s probably aware.
17. If Ruthie and I are together I never drive.
16. My first concert was Crosby, Stills & Nash in Louisville.
15. I love the original King Kong.
14. I once kept something that had fallen out of my ear in a candy dish on the mantle above the fireplace for months.
13. I have one tatoo.
12. Marty Brennaman bugs me.
11. I share a birthday with Ringo Starr and Ralph Sampson. Apparently I have the wrong initials.
10. When I was in high school I had a turtle named Miles.
9. I have seen The Phantom of the Opera twice (the play, not the real Phantom).
8. Jackie Robinson shows up in my dreams occasionally.
7. I want what comes after house churches.
6. If Ruthie would let me I’d smoke a pipe.
5. I love listening to Garrison Keillor.
4. I’m a big Marx Brothers fan.
3. I have been frog-gigging. Several times.
2. The first scary movie I ever saw was The Shining.
1. Have I told you about my wife?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home