Tuesday, March 09, 2004

A Bit of Catch-Up

Wow. It’s been a while. Life does get busy from time to time. Since last I blogged Ruthie and I have been to Pittsburgh (we like to go to Pittsburgh, okay?) to see our friends the Gills. It was a good visit. We don’t see nearly enough of them and it was good to be away for a bit. Plus we ate at a place called The Church Brew Works which is a very old Catholic Church that has been converted to a microbrew where they make very good beer. Best use for a church building I've seen so far.

Then Thursday of last week I met Josh and Jared in Newport and we talked a while. These are two more of the people in my life of whom I don't see nearly enough. I miss them.

Spent the weekend with my parents-in-law observing birthdays and watching Ruthie's dad install our dishwasher. For someone like me with no doing-stuff-around-the-house skills at all, watching an artist like Larry Legend is a treat. In all these years I’ve never seen him come across a problem that could keep him from imposing his will on a house. It really is incredible.

Hmm, what else? They’re still letting me get up and blabber at church every few weeks and this past Sunday it was my turn again. For some reason I still dig doing that. It’s ironic, I think, that the thing I seem to be better at than lots of other stuff is one of the things that would go away if I ran the world. Eh, what’re ya gonna do? At any rate I got way more positive feedback from folk over this particular bit of blabber than I have before, so I guess they’ll let me do it again.

Real people will come to my house tonight and that’s fun. There aren’t enough of them in my life. Tonight we’re watching The Fisher King and eating pizza. Good ideas both.

I guess that’s enough catch-up for now, except to say that Bob Dylan is cool.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home