Wednesday, June 09, 2004

My Day

Okay, I've been sufficiently chastised about not having blogged enough lately (you know you are) that here I sit creating a new post for no good reason.

I'm having a great day. Got up extra early for work this morning in order to meet my friend and coworker James at the store and drive out to Mason for a meeting that was to last all day. When I got to my store Burton informed me that said meeting had been cancelled and Bev informed me that they had enough help scheduled at the desk today that they didn't need me to stick around, so I went home with a bonus day off. Felt a bit like when you forget to turn off your alarm clock the night before a day when you can sleep late and when it goes off in the morning you can just turn it off, enjoy the awareness that you don't have to get up, and go back to sleep. One of Life's best little gifts.

So I've given my morning to working on a writing project, and in just a minute I'll unload and load the dishwasher. Beers at Friday's this afternoon and then a meeting at Terry's house.

My whole family is off to Florida this weekend to observe and celebrate my dad's graduation from his doctoral program. He's busted his ass and we're very proud of him. My dad, the doctor...

Seems like there was something else after all, but it escapes me now and this is getting lengthy, so I'll quit.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."
--Dr. Sidney Freedman

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,

Miss you. Friday's next week?

K Rains

6:04 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Hey Kevin! We're back from Florida late next week, so maybe sometime the week of the 21st? I'll e-mail you when we get back. Peace out, amigo.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home