Thursday, February 17, 2005

Top Five

The delivery room where we're planning to produce this Offspring is equipped with a CD player, and they've encouraged us to bring along some music to push by. I spent some time this morning putting together some CD's of songs that The Ruth picked out and I'm interested to see what's actually spinning when Flanders finally comes out of there. Here then, direct from the home office (literally) are the...

Top Five Songs I'd Most Like to Hear as My First Child Arrives:

1. "The Word Exploded Into Love All Around Me," by Bob Schneider
2. "The Blower's Daughter," by Damien Rice
3. "Cathedrals," by Jump Little Children
4. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," by That Big Fat Hawaiian Guy Who's Dead Now
5. "The Rain Song," by Led Zeppelin

as always, subject to change

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our oldest, Kate, was born by C-section to something by Mozart. A piano concerto, I think -- the anaesthesiologist picked the music. I don't remember exactly what it was because I was a little distracted: the doctor pulled something purple and slimy out of my wife and I thought the stupid bastard got her liver until it started crying and turning pink, then I figured it must be Kate. - Ted

P.S. I'd like to amend my Top 5 albums and replace Bonnie Raitt with Counting Crows August and Everything After. What was I thinking?

7:36 PM  
Blogger ben said...

You watched?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much hoping for anything Indigo Girls. Of course that comment is pretty much true for any question at any time.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I watched. The weirdest thing was holding Doris' hand as the anesthetic kicked in and she went totally limp. Creepy.

Anything Indigo Girls, any time.I am, as they say, down with that.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being anal about formatting, I'd like to point out that I put a well-placed carriage return after the bit in italics which Blogger unceremoniously chose to ignore.

I thought about letting that go as if I weren't concerned about such trivial things, but I gave up pretending to be spiritual for Lent.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home