Tuesday, June 28, 2005

This Ought to be Interesting.

Friday night in bed my left eye started to hurt, but I was mostly asleep so I didn't think much of it. When I woke up on Saturday my eyelid was a bit swollen, but not so badly that I couldn't live with it. It's Tuesday morning now and the eye is swollen shut. It leaked some kind of goo all night, (I was asleep though, and didn't think much of it,) which acted as some sort of cement. I spent a half an hour when I got up today with a warm, wet cloth trying to dissolve the glue and get the eye open only to find, when finally I'd freed the lids, that the swelling is going to keep it shut anyway. (I look like Boom Boom Mancini.) Drat. Plus it feels like someone's constantly crushing out a cigarette in my eye, (or what I imagine that would feel like). Double drat.

So my depth-perception is minimal and so is my vision past my nose on my left side. At least I'm off work today, except that that means that I'm watching (or half-watching) the Wonton. He doesn't seem to have noticed my difficutly yet, (I wondered if it'd scare him,) but I expect that he will the first time I bang him into something. I prefer to spend these days alone with him reading and writing (no 'rithmatic!) but today is looking very much like a movie day. It's time for him to see The Godfather anyway.

And yes, I've been to the doctor; he mostly just shrugged.

Some random observations (if that 's a concept you're comfortable with):

**Over the Rhine's "Bothered" moves me.

**Only two more days until Sushi Day.

**It was fun to watch the Yankees come back and beat the Mets in the bottom of the ninth Sunday night, but they're still not very good right now.

**This is funny.

**"Any act of pure perception is a feat, and if you don't believe it, try it sometime." From All the King's Men, by Robert Penn Warren, (which I can't quite get into).

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Gill said...

why not get scarface and make it a double feature?

still want to go to toronto? maybe things will have turned around by then.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Bartman said...

I like The Untouchables. Havn't really seen The Godfather and Scarface all the way through yet. Heard they are both pretty crazy.

8:53 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Those games may end up being way more important that we thought when we bought our tickets -- can't wait!

I didn't dig Scarface, but The Godfather trilogy is very near the top of my list. (I even like III.)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Bartman said...

What I saw of Scarface was really weird. Heard a lot of good stuff from The Godfather.

10:39 AM  
Blogger ben said...

The Godfather is incredible.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Andrew Gill said...

of course, the godfather is a classic. but...no one drops the f bomb like pacino in scarface and it's great when you're stoned (or so i hear).

yeah, who'd have thought a series in toronto in august would have mattered much? should be fun times.

1:14 PM  
Blogger um... yeah... said...

your post made my eye water.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Bartman said...

I've had that eye thing happen to me before too. The first time it happened to me, I was freaked out. Usually when I have that happen to me I have pink eye.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home