Monday, July 25, 2005

Yes, I'm a Whine Person

Spent the afternoon yesterday working in the yard (which I abhor) with Randy (whom I adore) and ended up with a pretty nifty sunburn for my trouble. Heat index over a hundred, temperatures in the mid-nineties -- screw that. Some people dig that sort of thing, but I, who am not shaped for sportive tricks, I hates it. Sweaty and grimey and paranoid about our rampant poison-ivy. Nuts to that.

So I'm burnt and I don't like to go outside even to turn on the hose that waters the garden. (I'm grateful that we've an old-school mail slot in the wall that keeps me from having to walk to the mailbox and back -- I sweat like Moses Malone all summer long, always have) And tomorrow, they day I was supposed to eat sushi with Tara, the powers that be @ work have announced a "Team Building" event. ("Team Building" being defined as "stuff they make us department heads do on our days off to boost morale. Make sense to you? Me neither; anyway...) Meaning that I'll spend my day off canoeing. I enjoy canoeing as much as the next guy (as long as the next guy isn't some kind of crazy canoe-loving freakazoid) but tomorrow is supposed to be hotter and more humid (heat index up toward one-ten and temps approaching ninety-eight, and I'd much rather be eating sushi and reading Harry Potter.

And I'm already sunburnt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Gill said...

want me to tell you how it ends? harry potter, that is, not your canoe trip.

7:16 PM  
Blogger um... yeah... said...

where's the snow? i'm ready...

12:37 AM  
Blogger ben said...

They're calling it a heat emergency on the radio this morning. I know -- let's go wallow in it!

6:34 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Bring it on Ty!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home