Thursday, December 01, 2005

Let's See...

Sunday afternoon we saw Over the Rhine play @ Joseph-Beth and it was perfect. Just the two of them -- no band -- and we sat about ten feet from them. Best part: they played "Bothered." Best part for them: getting to meet Mr. Hoo-Hoo afterward.

I've been working on Richard Ford's Independence Day. Anyone read it? 'Cause I'm about to bail -- not doing a thing for me.

Ruthie and I just watched Amelie -- liked it lots.


Back to my Little Black Book


There's a Michael Wilson line I liked alot:

Frozen disbelief thawing into doubt

And then more of me talking to myself:

I don't know what's out there, but I have to find out (Star Trek)

And of course that refers to my whole exodus from the Way Things Were (so does the title of my blog, for the record). My Raft was composed of a million little thoughts like that and it's a bit trippy to be revisiting them having now crossed the River.

Turn the page.

"At Last" Etta James

Another song to track down. Good stuff.

Then the notes that became this. Which also feels very much like a part of the Raft at this point. It's mine...my own...my preciousssss...

A book that David recommended, which I never read:

Jesus Rediscovered, by Malcolm Muggeridge

And an orginization he proposed one night at the Comet:

National Asssociation for Advancement

You had to be there...

Then another piece of my Raft:

Helping people who get it (or want to) find each other

Sounds a bit arrogant at first glance, perhaps, except that I (almost) never intended to imply that whatever we're getting here is the only thing worth getting.

Good enough place to quit -- time to get ready for sushi!





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will probablly not read this comment, but here goes. Independance Day isn't very good. If you bail out now, you will not be sorry. The end is just as good as the beginning. It's bootleg version of John Updike's Rabbit series, which i recommend.

4:45 PM  
Blogger ben said...

I'll show you -- I'll read more of your comment than I will the rest of that book. Just awful. Updike's on my list for sure. Thanks for the heads-up.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home