Thursday, December 29, 2005

Now Where Was I...

Our Gettysburg trip was great -- maybe the best we've taken together. I'm not a Civil War fan (I think you're supposed to call them "buffs") but Gettysburg is compelling to me. Some Serioius Shit went down there and if you've done any homework at all prior to a visit you can feel it. Very Heavy.

The first picture is the cabin that we stayed in (twice now). The fireplace is fun and the porch, which overlooks a wonderfully noisy creek, is a great place for some hookah.

Christmas was nifty too. Christmas Eve with the Gregory side of things, Dana and Holly in between, and Christmas afternoon with the Barnes folk. (We also persuaded one of our many Inferno friends to come with us for that and it was fun.)

Above is a picture of breakfast Christmas morning. It's also a picture of what we do instead of what many people do on any given Sunday morning.

I like it.

This is a picture of Larry B. (Ruthie's dad) taking a Christmas afternoon nap curled up with Pooh Bear. They're so cute at that age.

When I was in the eighth grade John Deiter and I checked twin copies of The Beatles Forever out of our school's library, (I don't think he ever returned his,) made ratty cassette copies of his dad's scratchy vinyl White Album, and embarked on a serious Beatles kick. Now, all these years later, I'm back in the groove -- reassembling the collection (this time on CD and legitimately). Even found The Beatles Forever at Half Price Books (how much do we love that place?). Got three CD's for Christmas from Larry B. -- Sgt. Pepper's, Let it Be, and the aforementioned White Album. Good ones all, but it's that last one that I'm stuck on presently -- puts me right back in the eighth grade, but I like it anyway.

And here's one of the Hoo-Hoo. He's fun. Baby toys are fun to play with and he's a riot to watch. Had to punk him down the other day though. Kept trying to take the Legos.

Hey, I was building a pyramid.



2 Comments:

Blogger um... yeah... said...

aw... how cute! he's a keeper!

10:57 PM  
Blogger ben said...

You talking about Mr. Hoo-Hoo or Ruthie's dad?

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home