Sunday, August 31, 2003

Thanks, Brian

Went to hear “Over the Rhine” at Moonlight Gardens last night. I’d never been to a concert there before and it was wonderful. We watched the sky over the stage change from blue to purple to lavender to pink to black as the sun set on a day that made me feel like it was all going to be okay. It’s been so hot here the past week or so that a drop down toward sixty degrees reminded me how pleasant life can be. Sitting there barefoot with my wife, watching geese fly low overhead, working on a cheap Merlot while Karin Bergquist (what a voice!) sang about life “where the river bends”--definitely one of those moments worth showing up for. Reminded me how good it is to be alive--like maybe it’s all been okay all along...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home