Friday, September 05, 2003

"But I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

In a mood today & don’t know why. Why am in such a frustrating place in my life when nearly everything is so good? Why do I have to be so hung up on some abstract idea about how life ought to be and how that Way might or might not affect this thing we call “Church”? Why can’t I just be a good soldier and get with the program? Shouldn’t the fact that I’m in such a severe minority tell me something? Why don’t I have the courage to just live it 100%? Why can’t I figure out what that would look like? Why is it so hard to go on acting like I care about stuff at work? Why can’t I really care? Why am I so tempted to get good and drunk at the block party tonight? (Relax, I won’t.) Why can’t David Wells get anyone out anymore? How can I have been so on top of the world late Tuesday night after having been with my people and so this now? Why do I think that if I could take the time to watch one of the movies that make me cry I’d feel better? Why do I want so badly to take a fast car and keep on drivin'? Why am I so certain that everything will be fine this time tomorrow? Are you sure guys don’t PMS?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home