Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Maybe I'm a Weenie, but...

I heard "Beautiful in My Eyes" by Joshua Kadison today at work and it made me all teary. Not the Greatest Love Song ever, but it's the last verse that gets me--the one about, "when the times come to embrace for one long last while." I don't like being reminded that the odds are very good that one day Ruthie and I will have to say goodbye for the last time. I'm selfish enough to hope that I die before she does. I can't imagine even trying to go on without her. Makes me think of the scene in Signs where Mel Gibson's character realizes that the conversation he's about to have with his wife will be their last. You should see me bawl. Anyway, the pain then is part of the joy now. And if the music starts before I get there, dance without me. Love you Pocahontas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home