Friday, March 26, 2004

Work Stuff

Several of you have asked lately so here’s the poop regarding me and The Depot. I’ve known for months that I can’t keep mailing broken things to people for a living for very much longer. I’ve looked a little, but there don’t seem to be very many jobs out there for which I’m qualified that would be enough of an improvement to justify starting over. I’ve lived with that dissatisfaction long enough that it’s become like a stone in my shoe that I’ve gotten used to. Anyway, a couple Wednesdays ago, about halfway down the stairs, it occurred to me out of the blue that changing departments at The Depot might at least buy me some time, if not be a solution in and of itself. I presented it to my boss and he was surprised, but excited to have me at the front desk (which is where I’ll be going). So I’ll spend the first two weeks in April training my replacement (her name is Jack) and then it’s on to bigger and more terrifying things. My biggest fear is that by giving up my cushy schedule (no nights, no weekends, no holidays) I’ve severely altered the lifestyle that Ruthie and I have gotten so used to and enjoy so much. Fact is something had to give and I was out of ideas. We’ll see what happens. Leaving Lonesome Dove involves some risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home