Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Jorb Update

My new position at work is off to a great start. After a week of training at our Beechmont store I'm back at Home Sweet 3822 and it's good to be home. I finally know enough to be helpful rather than feeling like a pain in the ass asking how to do everything. (While I was away at the other store the lady with whom I swapped jobs called several times to ask me how to do stuff. She generally ended our conversations with apologies for having bugged me and I finally had to confess to her that she wasn't bothering me--not because I'm so naturally eager to help, but because it felt good to sound intelligent again after struggling all week to learn so much new stuff.) Even the new schedule is working out alright, though I'm going to have to do something about working so late on Tuesdays. Tuesday is the night my house fills up with people I like and I'm not happy about the fun they'll have without me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home