Friday, August 13, 2004

My Dream

Okay, I'm not a dream guy. I don't have dreams that seem deep or meaningful or significant or anything, but here's what I dreamed early Friday morning. It was intensely emotional. Do with it what you will.

We were in an unfamiliar church building, surrounded by unfamiliar people. I don't remember singing any songs, but we might have. (I don't even remember who was with me, though someone definitely was--likely the Ruth.) We were in a pew about a third of the way back on the right hand side, and after a while some guy came out (I didn't know anyone involved in the program) and started berating us all for not reading our Bibles enough and not praying enough and at the right time of day and all kind of stuff like that. After he'd gone on for awhile, I knew I had to leave. Had to get out. So I (we) got up and walked the center aisle toward the exit at the back. When I got to the back, though, I turned around and looked back toward where we'd been sitting. It was then that I realized that my folks had been sitting right in front of us. My dad had stood up and was looking back at me back by the exit. He was crying. I made my way back down the aisle to where he was standing and hugged him. Hugged him hard. I told him I loved him and then said in his ear as I continued the embrace, "It's not you, but I have to get out of here." I think we were both crying.

That's all I remember.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Boy, do I ever get it. My real experience was different. See blog. I hope to write about it in a minute.

9:39 PM  
Blogger um... yeah... said...

wow. and knowing your dad like i do makes it more wow. hmm.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home