Monday, May 23, 2005

Top Five Lamest/Most Disappointing Star Wars Characters

1. Jar Jar Binks. WTF was George thinking?! I'll never understand. Never. Wanted to cave his Gungan skull in from the first frame.

2. Darth Maul. The look, the hype, the double lightsaber -- all so promising. No personality and then they kill him. He's barely even in the movie.

3. Mace Windu. What a stiff. Do we blame Sam Jackson or the script? Here's a character we'd been waiting to meet since Back in the Day, and this is what we get? Nerts.

4. Padme. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- how/why do you cast such a fabulous actress and then waste everything but her hotness? Could've been something special. (But you can't hold what could've been on a cold and lonely night.)

5. Wicket. Ugh. Those damn Ewoks. Really? I'm supposed to buy that a herd of rodents could beat a bunch of stormtroopers? Really? Almost ruined Return of the Jedi. I know it's because they couldn't afford that many Wookiees, but come on.

10 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Gill said...

Why couldn't Darth Vader have taken the time to wack Jar Jar?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If somebody told me Vader whacked Jar Jar in Episode III I'd go see the next available showing.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, we saw it last night, and the reason Mace Windu is such a lame character is definitely the script. We're talking fundamental laws of the universe. You can't give Samuel L. Jackson the dialog of a complete dork and expect that to work.

And General Grievous is on my list -- the name alone would put him there -- even if he didn't make yours.

I would have pegged Ewoks as marsupials, but that's just me.

5:12 AM  
Blogger ben said...

"Rodents" sounded more derogatory, possums notwithstanding. Of course you're right about the script, but Samuel L. Jackson's pretty much always a stiff, isn't he. Pulp Fiction's an exception.

7:37 AM  
Blogger ben said...

And General Grievous is so lame that I'd totally forgotten him. That may place him on a list all his own.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jackson knocked me out in Diehard With a Vengeance and he's great as the voice of Frozone. Still haven't seen Pulp Fiction yet (recently saw Get Shorty which is plenty of Travolta for awhile) but somehow I feel I should.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is probably inappropriate on several levels, but if you've got Samuel L. Jackson in the cast you need him saying things like "We got to kill that motherf***er."

That, I submit, would work.

8:03 AM  
Blogger ben said...

You've never seen Pulp Fiction?

And yes, that would work...especially if it was in reference to Jar Jar.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more.

And no, I've never seen it. There are holes in my apprehension of pop culture.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home