Thursday, August 18, 2005

My Pa

We went to Dale & hannaH's tonight to celebrate Cassie's first birthday. We'd been there long enough that the Wonton had been fed his carrots and been passed among the six of us sufficiently when I thought I'd relieve Ruthie and hold him for a bit -- he looked so cute.

And then he barfed on me.

A really lot. All over my shirt and under my shirt and it was orange and gee, didn't it smell like vomit.

I went to the bathroom to mop up and Dale got me a clean shirt to wear and when I resumed my seat in the living room I noticed that my dad looked more tickled than I'd seen him recently.

I caught his eye and his grin widened into a bona fide smile and he said, "I've been waiting for thirty years to see that happen."

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can see him saying that.

4:32 AM  
Blogger um... yeah... said...

i can see him saying that, too - with that smirk. :)

7:18 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Ah yes, that smirk... :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger bradley said...

that dreaded smirk

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed you...

J
:-)

12:42 PM  
Blogger theinferno said...

well done.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Bartman said...

I saw him today.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What many people don't know is,
is that he (Pa) has a wonderful
sense of humor. Your Uncle Clint
is also accused of "smirking."
We all have our own smiles.
And, my dear, there is an OLD
saying, "What goes 'round, comes
'round." Welcome to the club.
(Also, welcome home!) Nana

7:28 AM  
Blogger ben said...

It's true. I wish more people knew how funny dad is.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home