Friday, October 21, 2005

The Good, The Bad and The Worst Movie I've Seen in a Long, Long Time

My John Irving Catch-Up Program finally brought me to The World According to Garp, the one they say is his best work and the one I'd been ducking the longest. Finished a couple days ago and it's great. I saw the movie years ago and don't remember any of it. I'm eager to rewatch it having now read the book. Maybe it's better than A Prayer for Owen Meany, maybe it's not, but the latter remains my favorite.

Finally caught the Bridge of San Luis Rey movie last night. Perhaps disappointment was inevitable, but the movie was flat -- no energy at all. You can't blame that cast and you certainly can't blame the source. I guess that leaves the lady who wrote a boring script and directed a lame film, huh? Drat.

We also went to see A History of Violence, which doesn't even deserve a link, thinking that Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen (who apparently isn't as cool as we thought he was) were enough. It was terrible. Just awful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home