Thursday, November 03, 2005

Further Proof that I don't do this to be Entertaining

I have this little notebook that I carry in my back pocket nearly wherever I go. I tote a little book in case I want to write down something interesting. It's got a black cover trimmed with red duct tape (Matt will appreciate that). I have this particular kind of notebook because Michael Wilson does, (or at least he used to -- he stopped carrying his and switched to a $.59 spiral drugstore model when all of us MW Wannabe's bought Moleskines. Anyway...). So the date inside the cover tells me that I got it in January of '04, and golly, has there been lots of water under the bridge since then. I'm running out of pages and have ordered and received a replacement book, so for my own amusement, I thought I'd review the last couple years according to my little black book.

Sticker inside the front cover says, "Wine me, dine me, Over the Rhine me." Based on dates I'd guess that I bought the sticker at their '03 Christmas Concert, which I think I attended with Justin. I remember that it was extra cold and we parked on Fountain Square, ate at the Rock Bottom and then I nearly peed myself walking to the Taft.

Also inside the front are my work locker combination and a pink Post-It that says, "Canon i560" for when I'm picking out printer ink. Another pink Post-It has some numbers that might be a phone number and might not -- I have no idea why it's there. Next page has a couple stickers -- one peeled from the cover of something I spent $4.95 on @ Barnes & Noble (I think it was Dracula) and one stripped from a bottle of Bacardi Silver, which I don't drink, (although Bacardi Rum was one of the very first things I got hammered on when I was a kid). No idea whose that was.

Facing those two stickers:

**the title of a book whose author I'd heard interviewed on NPR. The book was (and remains) called Touching the Void. I made that note and read the book before later watching the movie with our friends Michael and Rebecca. Nearly peed myself that night too. (Also happened to be the first night I ever ordered calamari at a restaurant (it was great).

**the address, phone number and directions to (directions will become a theme at some point here) to the Rohs Street Cafe where we caught our friends Justin & Tasha and Cameron. Cam gave me a couple CDs that night -- Bjork's Vespertine and Calexico's Feast of Wire. I've paid more attention to the Bjork record, but they're both great.

**the title of a .38 Special record: Best of the A & M Years, which must have been recommended to me by Brian at work and which I did not buy. Feel free.

Gotta go -- more later.

2 Comments:

Blogger um... yeah... said...

mucho appreciado the fact that it could've taken a LONG time to put all those links in there!

were you ever good at journaling? b/c i royally suck at it and wonder if this would be a better way to remember great things in life. or maybe i should make use of the $25 worth of franklin covey materials i just bought...

10:01 PM  
Blogger ben said...

I never was a good journaler Ty. Blogging is the closest I've ever come.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home