Thursday, February 02, 2006

Spent the Morning with Sam

He's three-and-a-half now. Some highlights:

Me: Sam, Baby Gehrig doesn't know any words. What're we gonna do?

Sam: Teach him some.

Me: Which words should we teach him?

Sam: TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN!

I got up to get that one on paper, (for those of us who are around him regularly it's perfect,) and when he saw me with my legal pad he asked what I was doing.

Me: Writing a little story.

Sam: So you can teach a class?

Me: Sure.

Sam: Maybe you can teach me this lesson.

Then I had to pee, which is something I always like to announce to whomever is around.

Me: I'm gonna take a whiz.

Sam: EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! You're going to tinkle in the pipe!

Then it was his turn.

Me: You just peed all over the wall.

Sam: Why?

Me: Because you weren't looking where you were going.

Sam: That's a little strange.

What do you say to that?

One more:

Me: Sam, do you get spanked at home?

Sam: Yes.

Me: Why?

Sam: If I'm bad.

Me: What do you do that's bad?

Sam: If I hit Cassie.

Me: Why do you hit Cassie?

Sam: I'm a bad guy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Gill said...

just how much time do the two of you spend together? someone may be in danger of being adversely influenced. i'm concerned for you, ben ;)

4:11 PM  
Blogger ben said...

Surely you know me well enough to know that I guard myself carefully agaist such influences.

Funny thing is, he hated me a month ago.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home