Monday, March 06, 2006

Interesting You Should Bring That Up

(Chris)

I have indeed read Middlesex and it's in my Top Five. Couldn't believe how well-written it was. Couldn't put it down. I was about to mention that...

Ruthie and Randy and I watched The Virgin Suicides the other night -- loved it -- and the whole time I'm thinking, that's a familiar title -- where have I heard that? As we watched I chalked it up to the whole Soffia Coppola thing, and not until the making of documentary at the end did I realize that it was based on a novel by a man named Jeffrey Eugenides (apparently he wanted to be a paperback writer). Same guy who gave the world Middlesex and it's from the back cover of that one that I recognized The Virgin Suicides. Gotta be worth reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home