Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wow.

I just finished Wally Lamb's, I Know This Much is True. It had been a while since I'd read one that really got to me -- Kavalier & Clay, I guess, and that was November of '04. Wow.

I suppose it's not for everyone -- what is? -- but for those of you with a feel and a taste for the kind of stuff I'm into, (Chris, Justin, et al,) it doesn't get much better.

Here then is my recently, (like ten minutes ago,) revised Top Five Favorite Novels in the order in which I discovered them.

1. Lovesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry
2. A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving
3. Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
4. Empire Falls, by Richard Russo
5. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, by Michael Chabon
6. I Know This Much is True, by Wally Lamb

Thanks for the heads-up babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home