Friday, July 02, 2004

a day in the Life

Ruthie and I both had the same weekday off today--this never happens--and spent it thusly:

**went to the doctor so Ruthie could have that thing removed
**Finished reading Beloved (I don't think I got it) and began For Common Things. (Nate, is it good?)
**Bob Evans
**then to Ruthie's oncologist
**gave blood
**pet store for mouse and fish food
**drug store to fill prescription for nifty codeine Tylenol
**home to feed said hungry pets
**laughed at Homestar Runner
**Harry Potter movie (it's good)
**Wine tasting (note to self: this goes very pleasantly with giving blood)
**home for (yet another) spectacular dinner. (I'm a lucky husband)

6 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I've read Beloved twice, I believe. The second time was within one week thanks to a wacky professor. I still haven't gotten it, I guess.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have the movie and I still don't get it. Only watched it twice, but the second time didn't help much.

Ma

7:18 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Somehow it won a Pulitzer and a freakin' Nobel Prize. What are we all missing?

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was definitely some "thing" that they wanted us to get that obviously we didn't get. Maybe its the historical background, that we don't have. Ma

7:17 AM  
Blogger dana said...

i'm gonna read it (sometime in the distant future) and make all you smart people stand in amazement. then again, I'll probably just join you in the "I don't get it..." :-)

5:07 PM  
Blogger ben said...

Dana, I'm tempted to tell you to skip it, but hey--maybe you'll get it and be able to explain it to the rest of us.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home