Saturday, March 26, 2005

Final Four

Just looks good up there, don't it?

The last time the Cards made it this far I was about to turn fourteen years old. We didn't know they'd been spoiling us during the early/mid eighties, just thought it was supposed to be like this (it is). Then, seemingly out of nowhere, mediocrity set in. And it lingered. And lingered. And it took Rick Pitino, whom I was never able to like until this week, to make things right again. Win or lose from here, (and truth to tell, even if they'd lost to West Virignia,) The 'Ville is back, and it's been a long time coming.

What a world to bring a child into.

P.S. I never dreamed a team could shoot threes like West Virginia did and still get beat. This is fun.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bartman said...

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I can repeat my mantra ("I hate basketball") all I want, but I have to admit that I'm getting sucked into the madness.

Just as long as it doesn't rule my life and everything in it, I'll be OK.

It that element of my personality that won't let me so much as sip a glass of wine.

8:19 PM  
Blogger ben said...

Carolyn, what's to hate about basketball? Or is it that you live among the rancid Big Blue fans who ruin everything with their arrogant ignorance?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Andrew Gill said...

cardiac cards strike again. hurray!!!!!!!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Anybody else think Larry O'Bannon's pretty?

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Ben. I live among the UK fans who eat, drink, breathe, and discuss only basketball.

And Ruthie: does Little G like wine, too? Considering his culinary status...

5:05 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Oops. Didn't realize Rich had signed on. I must be more observant.

In other words, the last comment was from me, of course.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

But it was kind of fun making an anti-UK comment while I was logged on as Rich. =)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Maybe it isn't just the UK fans who live, eat, and breathe basketball, though; after all...uh, Jared? How does the house look after yesterday's game?

5:14 PM  
Blogger ben said...

Yeah, and what always killed me was that not only do they eat/drink/breathe/discuss only basketball, but that they eat/drink/breathe/discuss only UK basketball. Try to discuss those UCLA teams of the '60's & '70's or the UNLV teams of the late '80's/early '90's -- you'll get some slack-jawed look of bewilderment and then the predictable, "Go Big Blue!"

Go Big Blue indeed.

5:17 PM  
Blogger ben said...

And you don't want to know what we dip the pacifier in. ;)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home