Saturday, January 07, 2006

In Case You're Interested

My Top Ten (by which I mean Eleven) iTunes Songs (by Play Count) as of the end of 2005:

1. Cathedrals, by Jump Little Children (54)
2. Life is Sweet, by Natalie Merchant (44)
3. Ashokan Farewell, by Jay Ungar& Molly Mason (42)
4. New Thing Now, by Shawn Colvin (38)
5. Carrying Cathy, by Ben Folds (36)
Latter Days, by Over the Rhine (36)
Nobody Number One, by Over the Rhine (36)
8. For No One, by the Beatles (34)
The Mercy Seat, by Johnny Cash (34)
10. No Children, by the Mountain Goats (33)
Bothered, by Over the Rhine (33)

2 Comments:

Blogger AmandaJean said...

Hello Ben. This is Laura's little sister Amanda, and I am very interested in your Top Ten. Through your influence on Laura's music selection, I have reaped the benefits. Damien Rice's "O", for instance, what a fabulous album. And what was I doing living without "Over the Rhine" all these years?! Shame.

12:09 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Hey Amanda -- thanks for caring. Laura was responsible for a major Indigo Girls revival of my own several years ago. I've never been quite the same. I suppose a person could get by without Over the Rhine, but could we really call that living?

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home