Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Little Bit from my Little Book

There's yet another phone number here of a friend I never called. Seriously -- I suck. Matt and I used to spend hours playing Strat-O-Matic baseball and it's been months since we've even talked.

The title of a book I haven't read yet: No One Here Gets Out Alive. I'm guessing that The Ruth and I had just watched the movie and it had piqued my interest.

Then the label off of a PBR bottle -- had to have been at the comet. And some kind of list:

**for Sunday
**the announcement
**schedule

And then:

the kinks

I'm thinking I wanted to track down some of their stuff (maybe "Autumn Almanac"). Then another list:

Remains of the Day
Legends of the Fall
A Beautiful Mind
The Shawshank Redemption
American Beauty
Titanic

Why the list? Movies I Like a Really Lot. Not sure what was going on. Then another note for me to call Matt (which I didn't do).

That's enough book for now. It's 11:30 PM and I'm home from work but still all keyed up from the day, so rather than toss & turn in bed and bug The Ruth, who's still sick, I sit here in my underpants drinking a cab and, well, blogging. Also listening to Indigo Girls -- currently the song is "Go."

Work's been lots of fun lately. For the first time I'm aware of we have enough people in my two departments and they're good people and most of them want to be there. It's a good team.

Speaking of my fine work people, I was in the phone center a couple days ago talking with a couple ladies and the Hoo-Hoo came up. (Couldn't have been because of the million pictures of him plastered everywhere, could it?) One of them said that Gehrig looked like me, which people say alot but which I don't see, and I mentioned that while he may have my eyes, he seems to have his mother's personality. And out of the corner of my eye I catch the lady who's on the phones mutter under her breath, "Thank God."

Safe to say she doesn't like me much either, but we knew that. She told Ruthie a couple weeks ago (Ruthie had been in shopping) that I don't have a sense of humor. Says I'm stern.

Whatever...

Anybody catch "Bonds on Bonds" tonight?

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Gill said...

bonds on bonds. that's funny.
i can't believe the lady @ the depot thinks you have no sense of humor:)

5:31 PM  
Blogger ben said...

Perhaps it's my particular brand of humor. I am pretty subtle.

Fart.

6:17 PM  
Blogger theinferno said...

loretta say that?

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan A. If there was one word to describe you, it would have to be stern. I should really start to be less sarcastic. Some day.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home